Monday, November 8, 2010

Lauren Curtis #13


The team worked hard this week in the gym and had some great practices! We mixed some things up, and worked on being aggressive. The team ended up coming up a little short in our matches this weekend, but we are definitely making progress. We are excited to get back in the gym this week and prepare for our trip to Sacramento this weekend.

So far my classes have been going really great this semester. I have been enjoying my history and political science classes as well as my education classes. One of my favorite classes so far has been my “Politics of Food and Hunger” class. I worked on a group project about food insecurity in India and how their government is dealing with it, which was very interesting.

This past week there was an NHL Hockey game: Canucks vs. Avalanche. This was a big rivalry for Jenn and Rachelle, since Jenn is a big Canucks hockey fan from Vancouver and Rachelle an Avalanche fan, since she is a big time all-around Denver sports fan. The two of them ended up getting the whole team to pick a side. About half the team didn’t have exams to study for that night and got together at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game. Jenn and I were the only two at the table rooting for the Canucks (I had to choose them since I only live 2 hours away from Vancouver). We were pretty out numbered, but were ready to root the Canucks on to victory! Jenn and I exchanged many high-fives over the table, since it turned out to be a Canuck victory, 3-1!

This week I also enjoyed having my parents and my cousin, Kim in town. Kim played volleyball in college at Western Washington University and wanted to make a point to come out to Bozeman and see me play in our home gym at some point during my career here. She is now a marathon runner and when she went for her 7 mile run on Sunday she came back and told me that the altitude definitely made breathing a little tougher than she had expected, even though she ran it in 45 minutes! I really loved having them here, and got to spend some quality time and go out to some great meals with them!

Thank you all so much for the great support we had this weekend! Can’t wait to see you all again for our senior’s last home matches the 19th (vs. Idaho State) and 20th (vs. Weber State)! Have a good week, and GO CATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers