Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chelsea Oemcke #7 checks in

Hey everyone!

Wow, I can't believe it is almost time to head back to Bozeman! I am excited to start the new season and to see everyone! I have had a good time here in San Diego over the past month or so...although I can't say the weather has been idealistic. It has been "May grey" and "June gloom", as they say down here. July and August will get sunnier but I am excited to be back in Bozeman and enjoying the sun, my teammates and the outdoors there.

Well in the meantime, I have been hanging out with my family and friends a lot, doing some art, and also working out continuously. My sister, Rachel, graduated from high school a few weeks ago which has been exciting but emotional at the same time. We held a graduation/going away party for her at our house last night, it was a huge success and a lot of fun!

I have also been volunteering a bit at a homeless shelter in downtown San Diego and it has been a very rewarding experience. The one thing I have learned, along with a lot of other things, is that a smile and a few kind words can go a long way to those who do not receive many that often. I am looking forward to volunteering more and to see everyone back in Bozeman in 2 weeks!


Chelsea #7





A little played out? Sure. But if everyone is going to get a picture associated with their blog an Anchorman reference is going to win every time when it comes to San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers